STUDIO LATEST NEWS…
- This live online watercolour course takes you through tried and tested construction methods used to create seascapes.
- These aim to help you think about the sea as three-dimensional forms.
- Then by exploring a number of textural paint effects and shadow methods we add colour to the structure to create convincing realistic imagery.
Jasons new Live Courses, based on his real-life classes of many years, will allow you to interract with him in a ‘virtual class’, replay any lesson later and ask questions after the Live, and ask him to (re)cover sections or go into more detail in the next lesson. Students will also be able to submit their work to Jason during the course and at the end he will hold a final Live session where these are put on screen & discussed
So what are the advantages of learning in this way compared to a ‘real life’ class ?
- You’ll have the best seat in the class, with an unobstructed view of every aspect of the demonstration
- You can watch the demonstration as many times as you like after the Live is over
- * You can ask Jason further questions after the Live session is over by using the web chat that Jason will monitor
- You can upload photos of your work using the Chat, and gain feedback from Jason and the others undertaking the work
- Beyond the course you can be part of an online comunity of learners sharing ideas, reference material and observations or simply chatting about art.
- You have access to a large library of photographs to work from without having to search for or take the images yourself
- You can watch our prepared looped-video ‘moving pictures’ of scenes, so you can see the ‘dynamics’ of natural subjects to try and capture.
- You can keep all your weekly appointments to watch Jason from anywhere you happen to be, on Mobile devices as well
So why do the course live… when you could watch the recordings* of it at your leisure when the course is over ?
The contents of all the Chat that takes place during a Live Course will be removed/reset when a new course starts, so only those doing the course live will truly gain from the web chat content created in the weeks the course is on.
So how do i get on the Course ?
To take part in this & subsequent Live Courses you will need to first join studio ( or already be a member ) and then you would need to subscribe to the full content. This costs around the same as the price of a cup of coffee a week.
( * All previous Live courses will be made available for subscribers to view )